Friday, November 14, 2008

Something I Will Miss Deeply

Earlier today, Fire Joe Morgan, one of my favorite sites on the net announced that they were not going to be posting anymore due to a number of reasons. Being that the flagship writer is also a writer for the Office, im not surprised that they dont have the time anymore. If you have not read FJM, you have missed out on some of the most clever, hilarious, and "snarky" blogging ever, and I dont like you any more.

I know that not everyone snoops around the 'sphere, so ill clue you in. The every day MO for the site is basically to take a piece written by the seeemingly endless pool of awful sports writers and comically dissect every awful hyperbole and bad stat they use. Their main goal was to clue people in to the awful announcing skills of emmy winner Joe Morgan, more specifically his ridiculously funny weekly chats on ESPN.com, and also to show people like Buzz Bissinger that there are bloggers out there who DO know what they are talking about.

In fact, I would credit them with sparking my interest in blogs, and I have been a reader for a very long time. I couldnt listen to a baseball broadcast without thinking of their commentary, and I no longer judge a pitcher or batter by the awful and stupid standard stats that they are always judged by.

Thank you to them for the laughs and the commentary, it will be missed for sure.

2 comments:

  1. yes, they were, as joe morgan would say, consistent.

    my favorite post ever is, of course, a rip on plaschke:

    http://www.firejoemorgan.com/search?q=andre+ethier+al+lajoie

    good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that sucks. I just started reading FJM a couple of months ago.

    Oh, well. Your Vikings updates are at least as good, though. So thanks for helping fill some of the void.

    ReplyDelete