Saturday, June 21, 2008

Foo-koo-dough-may

Holy fucking cow! There is actually, finally, a nice Kosuke Fukudome Topps rookie card. Maybe Topps isn't as dumb as I thought. I'm sure I'm going to hear it from the base set collectors, but I don't give a shit. You'll just have to wait for Updates & Highlights. Topps had to come up with some way to sell what usually ends up being a hobby turd. Last year it was Jacoby, this year it'll most likely be a real Kosuke base RC. Either way, I don't care. This is a really nice card!

2008 Topps Finest
They've already spiked up to about $40 on TWGM. An auto would have been even nicer, but what are you gonna do? If I had to venture a guess, he'll probably end up being an Upper Deck exclusive signer. Otherwise, I would imagine Topps would have waited to make this card #10 with an auto, and the hobby would have gone apeshit. Oh, well. Personally, I'm just happy to finally have Fukudome in a Cubs uni, as I pulled RR #3 from my last box of Finest. Like I've said before, it pays to hold on to these and see who they're going to be. I'm sure there are a shitload of people right now kicking themselves in the nuts for letting these go for anywhere form $5-$10 before Kosuke was announced. Ahh, what an evil temptress is this hobby of ours.

2 comments:

  1. I hate redemptions. There is no excuse for that crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy has the best name ever.

    Ko-Sucky Fuck-you-do-me. Of course, that's my dirty mind's pronunciation of it.

    ReplyDelete