Wednesday, October 14, 2009

SCU Madden Bowl 2010

I love Madden football, obviously, and I know there are a few of you out there who do as well. Since I have recently gotten online and started playing (and losing), I thought it would be fun to get everyone involved.


Here is what I propose:

For everyone who has Xbox live and Madden 10, we should set up a gentlemen's tournament of good old fashioned video gaming. I would set up a bracket, where each person who wants to play would be assigned someone to play against. Those people would set up a time to play online, and the winner would advance. Whoever gets to the end, would be the SCU Madden Champ and be forever immortalized in the minds of your fans everywhere.

To clarify, this means all you would need to participate is an XBOX 360, Madden 10, Xbox live, and some time to play.

If you are interested, send me an email with your Xbox name and email address, and ill see if we can get some people to participate. There is no fee to join, instructions will follow.

15 comments:

  1. im down! this years madden is awesome. email sent

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Xbox (or Madden 10 for that matter), so I won't be participating. I just wanted to say that this is a really cool idea to get even more community amongst collectors.

    One thing to keep in mind, you should set deadlines that all games in a certain round need to be played by. We did a similar thing when I was in college and without that deadline, it never would have gone anywhere.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is the first thing that will be imposed. There has to be a deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it will be nice to play a game without people quitting when you're winning. That drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have 3 total people so far. I am hoping for at least six.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gellman,

    You have my info I would be in. Would no be playing from that city of Minnesota ;)

    -wheeler281

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, so far that makes five then, good to see this going. Wheeler, we need to get our schedules straight because I definitely want to play you. I feel my Vikings can definitely match up against the steelers, at least if I play on rookie and you play on all-madden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, I might be in. I have a cap on my internet @ 20 gigs, but I'm sure a game or two wouldn't hurt.

    How much is the cheapo xbox live card?
    Will I need my headset?
    and..
    I've literally played one and a half games of Madden.

    I'm still stuck on NCAA '10.

    Does everyone else have a crappy old tv that won't let you see the flats?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Email sent... I will own your vikes with my pack, gellman!

    ReplyDelete
  10. my saints are gonna march all over the place

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys and you're good teams.

    Let me know when this shit gets poppin' and I'll go grab a live card and get some practice in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hope no one wants the giants...Brandon Jaccobs is the cheesiest RB in the game in my opinion. cant tell you how many times he has broken 3+ tackles and gang tackles for TD's

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kris, email me I have a one month xbox live gold sub card that I got a year ago from xbox when my shit broke n I had to send it to get fixed. I will be happy to give it to you so you can play. lsusg@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This would be awesome... I didn't just receive the 3 rings of death! I'm mailing mine in for repair today.

    ReplyDelete