Wednesday, February 25, 2009

If You Do Something Like This, You Might Be A Beckett...



(Thanks to Mario for the story)

Yes, I know this is a box of Press Poop, and yes I know it is a box of Nascar cards, but I think it bears mention on here for a few reasons. So, in true redneck fashion:

- If you have to justify why you might be getting a good box at the BEGINNING of the break, you might be a Beckett.

- Despite said disclaimer, if you mention that your box was hand delivered by the president or brand manager of a company, you might be a Beckett.

- If you have to tell the viewers of your video that the company told you it may be a hot box, due to some bullshit excuse, and you STILL bust it like nothing is wrong, you might be a Beckett.

- If you consistently get more hits or better hits than you are supposed to get, you might be a Beckett.

- If your loaded boxes are always free and you deprive paying customers of hits they should be getting, you might be a Beckett.

- If you still think you havent pissed anyone off with your stupid fucking videos due to an arrogant attitude and a backwards sense of entitlement, you might be a Beckett.

- If you have to be told by your subordinant to shut the fuck up on more than one occasion during the video, because what you say is an embarassment, your name is Tracy Hackler and you are a douchebag (also a Beckett).

Man, I cant believe they are still posting videos as bad as this one, despite the fact that they have to explain why they get better hits than everyone else. Wow, what a bunch of arrogant wankers. I cant tell you how happy I will be when the company folds like a lawn chair (and it will).

6 comments:

  1. THEY CALL ME TATER SALAD

    Oh wait wrong guy.

    I'm scared to watch the video. Will it cause many costly sheet rock repairs from me punching the wall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, its not that they pulled anything big, its that they were talking about getting a good box and why it might happen before they opened the box. Its like, they know that they shouldnt be doing things the way they do them, and have to justify it to the viewer base before opening the box. They know things are crooked with the companies and they still arrogantly approach the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gellman - I understand your frustration with Beckett and I've had a consistent disdain for them for decades. I do think you're not assigning the blame correctly when they do these breaks. To me, I blame the manufacturer for depriving the real customers of hits and good genuine cards since it was they who decided to load up the box and give it to Beckett for advertisement. At the same time this is just good business practice in ensuring people get to see their product represented (unfortunately) by the King of card memorbilia. To me the manufacturer is the real problem.

    -thecurse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trust me, although I dont bitch as much about the manufacturers, I assign the same amount of blame in my mind.

    The only reason I havent necessarily felt the need to bitch as much about them, is because they arent and dont misrepresent their connection to the fan base. Beckett, on the other hand feigns that they themselves are very connected, which is completely asinine to assume. Plus, the majority of people already have a disdain for the manufacturers. Beckett still has a few people that will suck their baby dicks until the end of the company. Those are the people that need to pull their heads out of their asses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do believe I will not even watch the video because it has Tracey in it and it makes me wanna puke.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that them getting boxes free from the companies is the wrong way for them to do business. A company like Beckett that is surely making LOTS of money should have a budget that they use to buy their on test samples for box breaks. It would get rid of any questions about shenanigans.

    I can't see Beckett ever going out of business as you'd like to see though and I don't want them to. I use their grading services and am happy with that side of their business.

    I subscribe to their online price guide also. I don't take it as the end all be all of course, but it's handy to look at when you want to know what and how many cards were in a certain set. I use it for more of a giant checklist than anything because I follow eBay everyday and know what cards go for.

    As for their magazine, I believe it is worthless in today's age of damn near everyone having a computer with internet access. If you want a hard copy of a price guide just print it out. They should have more articles on hobby issues and less prices if they ever want me to buy the magazine again.

    They do some things wrong and some things right.

    I do see why them getting loaded boxes should make us upset. If they can give Beckett loaded boxes, then who else is getting loaded boxes? The execs? Families of the big shots? Are they walking out the back door of the factory with all kinds of hot rookies to sell on eBay? Probably not, but anytime I see something shady going on in the hobby it makes me wonder how much is going on that I don't see and the manufacturers should realize that people think like this and smarten the fuck up.

    I blame the manufacturers way more than Beckett.

    ReplyDelete