Monday, January 26, 2009

February Will Be A Big Month

Man, I am excited for February in the hobby world. It is usually a pretty big mother of a product release time, mainly because NT, SPA, Ultimate and a few others should all be full blown market-wise, and because we should get some first looks at Exquisite.

SPA has always been one of my favorite sets of the year, and over the last few years, this has become even more evident. With the continuance of the horizontal SPA Patch Autos with white backgrounds, this year's cards should be among the best ever. Add in a few other cool new additions to the brand, and you have a great set to look forward to.

National Treasures, on the other hand, caters to a very different crowd. It is purely for the gamblers and whales out there, as the ridonkulous price tag is not for the faint of heart. Of course, the cards you get are very reflective of what you pay for, so that is a big plus as well.

Last year, Ultimate plain sucked. It was probably the most worthless break other than Triple Threads, and I pray that this year will be much better. The problem is, with all the craziness that has arisen from the incredibly bland baseball brand of Ultimate, I am very, very worried. Lets hope that the addition of the 1997 legends, the new RC autos, and a few other new goodies will be enough to carry this product that is quickly becoming more irrelevant by the minute.

As for Exquisite, I am VERY excited for more information after Gregg took the time to explain everything that will make the set better than last year. Lets hope we get that preview pretty quickly here.

Too bad baseball season doesnt start for a few months because I am already feeling the wasteland that remains when Football is gone and only Basketball and Hockey remain.

9 comments:

  1. I can only agree, I'm stoked for the months to come, so is my wallet, NOT.

    I have spent way too much the last 3 months and it aint going to get any better the coming months :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny enough, as I saw the sell sheets for SPA, I started saving my paypal accordingly. I have a stash, but no where near where I would like it to be. I would really like one of the Peterson NT Base Patch Autos, but who knows how much those will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave on Ultimate after I spent 350 on a box and my best pull was a Joe Klopfenstein jersey card. As for SPA, I always look forward to gettin my grimey mittens on a few boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave up on Ultimate after I spent 350 on a box and my best pull was a Joe Klopfenstein jersey card. As for SPA, I always look forward to gettin my grimey mittens on a few boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a collector of Giants #1 pick this year, Kenny Phillips. Yet another product who snubs him despite his great season. Secondary defenders always gets the shaft :(

    Exquisite will hardly give him a rookie patch auto, I'm not sure how to intepret the NT08 checklist. He is on the rookie list, but will he have all the variations or just the shitty non patch auto?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phillips was not at the RC premiere this year, so he will not be in any of the standard RC Materials sets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So no material autos in NT for him then I guess? :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is a site that has examples of aura camera systems at www.auracamera.com that prints aura photos. Has anyone experienced this system?

    ReplyDelete