Monday, December 29, 2008

New Years Questions From Dinged Corners

Patricia and Lucy wanted to know a few things, here are my answers!

Part One

1. If I didn't collect baseball cards, I'd collect COMIC BOOKS.

Yes, this is how much of a geek I am. I revel in my geekdom, and I will be a geek till I die. Right now I have a pretty extensive collection of Spider-man issues, even a good copy of Spidey #14 - first Green Goblin. That is my pride and joy.

2. My baseball heroes include one you probably wouldn't know from my blog or comments, and that person is HANK AARON.

I read a biography on Hank Aaron in 2nd or 3rd grade and did a report. I have nothing but respect for him and what he went through. I love that he wasnt a guy who was big and beefy, but still had the skill to be one of the best ever.

3. Every New Years I resolve to SELL MOST OF my collection.

God, I have so much crap laying around that I always want to just up and sell everything I dont love. I put so much into everything that at this point its all quality over quantity. Too bad eBay makes me lazy enough to say that I will wait until things get better.

4. If I could spend a day with one person from baseball history, it would be Kirby Puckett.

The guy was beyond nice to all the fans, and I had a few experiences that I have mentioned on the blog that would make me want to spend a while just talking to him. He seems like he would have done it too. Thats the kind of player that is a rarity these days.

Part Two

1. What is your favorite kind of dog?

Siberian Husky. I love those things even though they might as well be bears. They are too big for me right now.

2. Who is your favorite baseball player?

Joe Mauer, gotta love the home town guy playing for the home town team.

3. What is your favorite team?

The Yankees...

... I kid, I kid. The Twins.

4. What is your favorite baseball movie?

The Natural. I love watching the evolution of Roy Hobbs.

5. What is your favorite baseball book?

Moneyball, not even a contest. Redefined how I looked at baseball.

6-What is your favorite card?

Baseball-wise, its probably my Joe Mauer Exquisite Patch Auto.

No comments:

Post a Comment