Friday, December 5, 2008

The Aura Of The Letterman...

...Is so great that people are actually spending money on Topps Sticker Shock Letterman Football without a Topps executive holding their family hostage. Personally, I would rather take my money out back and put it in a big pile, squat over it, take a huge watery dump, and then light it on fire, before I would even entertain the thought of throwing down 175 dollars on a box of this purest of the pure pieces of shit product.

Instead of spending 175 dollars on a box of Letterman, you could:

-Buy a TV
-Buy a blu-ray DVD player or half of a PS3 (worth it!)
-Buy an auto of just about any rookie from any set so far
-Buy an auto of just about any current player in the NFL
-Buy 3/4's of a box of 2007 or 2006 National Treasures
-Buy every base RC of Adrian Peterson
-Buy a nice piece of memorabilia
-Make a car payment
-Buy tickets to any concert or show
-Buy a plane ticket to many places
-Give your money to a charitable organization like JDRF
-Buy a reasonably graded Montana RC (PSA of course)
-Buy a complete set of at least 10 base sets from 2008
-Pay for your license tabs for your car
-Buy holiday presents for your family
-Save it

Rather than doing any of the above, all of which are better uses than buying even a pack of Topps Letterman, people are still buying boxes and cases of this. I know, I know, there is a sucker born every second in this hobby, but personally, that is no excuse for thinking this crap looks cool enough to drop that much cash on any of it.

Its a rule: Topps products over 100 dollars suck. There is no way around it.

5 comments:

  1. Dude, I know squat about collecting football, yet from what I've seen, I wouldn't buy a box of this with your money.

    By the way - Topps and UD are both hurting in a big way right now. UD layed of 60 employees, and Topps made a last minute production cut on BCDP&P because of lack of orders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Personally, I would rather take my money out back and put it in a big pile, squat over it, take a huge watery dump, and then light it on fire, before I would even entertain the thought of throwing down 175 dollars on a box of this purest of the pure pieces of shit product."

    Greatest sentence I've read on a cardblog, like, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But, but there are rookie patch autos /1, /5, /10. I must have them. Ugh, so what's worse stadium club baseball or letterman?

    ReplyDelete
  4. the sticker auto on this stuff look like complete crap!! i bought a couple of base rookies and a brady base card...but those are the only cards im going to get from letterman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I could get a lock of Paul Schafer's hair. What? It's not that Letterman, forget it then.

    ReplyDelete