Monday, July 19, 2010

The Hopeful Beginning of a New Era - Hobby Blogger Message Board!

Its been talked about for years that hobby bloggers should have a message board where they can go and talk about their sites without outside interference. Mario talked about it during the hey day of Wax Heaven, but I think he got the same lost feeling I got, especially after seeing what it takes to create one. Right now, I have established a forum on pro boards that serves the purpose I am looking for it to serve. Luckily for me, it doesn’t require much know how to set it up, and I will work on making it as streamlined as possible to get it to the place I want it to be.

If you have a blog, are starting a blog, or had a blog at some point, you are welcome on this board. If you do not have a blog, now is your chance to get one going, so don’t think I am excluding anyone who hasn’t had their chance to get started. Even if we do not agree on the hobby or anything in general, I am not going to prevent you from coming on and making yourself heard.

Before you sign up, remember, it is a small site right now, and there isnt much there - YET. However, it is up to us to make sure that the board flourishes and doesn’t dry up. That also means if you want more added to the board, you have to send the suggestions to me so that I can improve the site to make us feel like it is a place worth keeping up with.

To sign up, visit the board here and register your account. Please use the name of your blog for your user name so that I don’t have to search to find out who you are. As soon as I approve the account, you will have the ability to create threads and reply to posts. Right now, my welcome thread is it, but feel free to add more content as you see fit. The name is just there as a placeholder, if you have a better logo or a better name, im all ears.

If things change, I will make sure to email all of the people who have signed up.

8 comments:

  1. I had to create a second account... I spelled "Priceless" wrong. Doh! Please approve both :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I registered but couldnt fit my full blog name in the user name! I've entered my name as acrossthepond. My blog name is collectorfromacrossthepond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gellman you may want to allow the user name to be longer then 18 characters long or several of us won't be able to fit in our entire blog name

    ReplyDelete
  4. dont worry about fitting it all in, I just want to know who everyone is. Once you get approved, you can change the display name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I signed up - HOWEVER - I signed up as rogumpogum. I will soon be letting all bloggers know why soon enough. It has a lot to do with moving away from "real" cards and everything to do with collecting, art cards, and other endeavors.

    ReplyDelete