Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Press Pass Does Something Right

I have never put any stock into anything that is released from Press Pass or SAGE. They are unlicensed products focused on players in their college uniforms that rarely hold any value once the real sets come out. This year things are going to be a little different with Upper Deck's lack of a football license, and after seeing this, I think Press Pass is doing something I have wanted to see ever since Fleer went under.


In my Topps roundtable discussion, I talked about using redemptions for full sized items as the next logical step in the game, and here is Press Pass doing the exact thing I said was a great idea. If Panini or Topps were able to get some of the player worn jerseys at the premiere signed instead of cut up, those redemptions for the full sized items would go for much, much higher than stuff out of Press Pass.

Either way, I hope more companies latch on to this idea, maybe even paving the way for some of the coolest inscribed items ever made.

1 comment:

  1. like, that is so totally awesome
    /valleygirl

    Seriously though, after reading your comments about this (redemptions for "whole" items) I backed it as well. I really like the idea - and I don't have issues with redemptions for full-on memorabilia. Just make sure you HAVE the items in hand before creating these redemption cards. Oh and get rid of the retarded expiration dates.

    All in all, very happy to hear this - and makes me want to go buy a box or two of this, if for nothing else than to show support to Press Pass.

    Topps? Panini? Are you listening?

    ReplyDelete