Friday, October 9, 2009

Update On Money Raised For Diabetes

First off, I want to thank Russ and the people who have already contributed to the Juvenile Diabetes Walk on my team's behalf. So far we have raised $50 dollars for diabetes research, and we are well on our way to our goal of $500. I am hoping to raise enough to cover a few people on my team's donation, but it is a victory even if we only raise 100. We will be walking in november, so ill periodically post to give you guys updates.


If you or someone you know has diabetes, it would be a great service if you could donate even a dollar or two to the cause. The site has a place where you can pay online, via your credit card, so you wont have to worry about sending a check or wondering where your money goes. This walk has happened in every state, every year since before I was diagnosed 16 years ago, and is the primary source for the organization's efforts. Its actually one of the biggest diabetes fundraiser in the world, but every cent helps the cause, regardless.

Here is the link for my walker page, and here is the donation form.

1 comment:

  1. Great post and a great thing that you are doing! I love reading about other bloggers who are charity minded. I wish you luck in your goal and I admire you for what you are doing. Breast Cancer is my charity of choice and we have a big 5K walk later this month. I would encourage all of your readers to follow your lead and either donate to your cause or start a cause of their own!

    ReplyDelete