Wednesday, July 9, 2008

2008 Donruss Classics Break

Today sucked majorly. I spent most of the day in bed, sick to my stomach, and the Twins decided that giving up 18 runs in a loss to the Red Sox was the best way to end the series. Around 5pm I started to feel better, so I went to Walgreens to pick up some pepto and other shit to make me stop feeling like shit. On the way back I stopped at the card store and picked up a pick-me-up.

I got a good price on 10 packs of classics, and pulled some cool stuff, thankfully. Out of the 10 packs, I hit 2 of the 3 box hits, including the auto. It was really nice to pull a short printed auto of Limas Sweed instead of a non-RC premiere guy who most likely wont play. The Sweed is numbered to 125, so he is one of the top tier RCs for this product. Pretty nice.

The second hit I thought was cool because it is an old timey guy as well as a Timeless Treasure jersey instead of the awful looking classic singles. Blanda disposed of the Vikes in the superbowl, so it is pretty bittersweet.

I also managed to hit a Mario Manningham RC /999 so that was nice too. Overall a good end to a really shitty day. If you have Peterson or Mauer stuff for the Sweed and the Blanda, let me know. I would really like a Felix Jones rc /999 for the Manningham if you have one that you want to trade, so let me know.

3 comments:

  1. I thought opening retail was for retards.

    We'll just blame this on the sickness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were hobby from a hobby store. Sorry if that wasnt clear.

    Retail sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I know. Forgive me, I'm in a tylenol induced haze. It feels like I have a ripparty in my head.

    ReplyDelete