Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Heading in The Right Direction

So today I was tooling around UD's website and I saw that starting as early as July, people will be able to choose their redemption replacements electronically on the site. I didnt believe my eyes at first, but I think this is a step in the right direction. Of course the right thing would be to have no redemptions at all, but hey, better than nothing, right?

At least now you wont get one of the 5000 Dallas McPhereson 2005 Reflections autos when you redeem your favorite player. Thats good. What's bad is that UD will be assigning values to each card so that you cant get a Jordan for your Kurt Rambis redemption that was never made, and I know which of our favorite magazines they will use. Either way, hopefully this turns out well.

I also saw something that was equally as shocking on the sell sheet for Superlative Hockey from In The Game. On the sheet it mentions that all cards from the set are signed on card, no redemptions, and all jerseys are game used (not from photo shoots, events, or old timer games). I couldnt help but doing a classic Mr. Burns, "Excellent." They even came up with the lame, "Off the back, not off the rack" tag line. I like it, but it is a very, very pricey set.

It just goes to show that it IS possible to put out a collector dream set. If only we could get it for Baseball and Football now!

No comments:

Post a Comment